1995-12-15 - Re: ADDRESS DATABASE?

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Message Hash: 02965beeabe88820f3b1297173d983c7ed230d9417e8f7ea162fa8b7d81f1504
Message ID: <Pine.ULT.3.91.951214150935.8139D-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951214144159.12822D-100000@crl.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-15 00:52:49 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 08:52:49 +0800

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 08:52:49 +0800
To: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Subject: Re: ADDRESS DATABASE?

On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> > Local and long distance phone companies probably sell telephone
> > forwarding lists too.
>
> Yeah, maybe, but my original question was, "does anyone KNOW how
> the trick was done?                                     ^^^^

If you give us your current and previous name, address, phone number,
credit card numbers, social security number, and a list of people you
communicate with, then we might be able to give you a more specific
answer.

Otherwise, and probably even so, no. There's too many different ways to
invade your privacy for a third party to determine which particular
method was used.

-rich

Thread