1995-12-07 - Re: Inherent Insecurity of Internet Commerce! (was RE: Secret

Header Data

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Message Hash: 0556c01afd6912cd8d2c1642d15aff978ab5fd792a8047e66bc99aa50af99d59
Message ID: <199512072035.PAA04297@opine.cs.umass.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 12:34:49 PST

Raw message

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 12:34:49 PST
Subject: Re: Inherent Insecurity of Internet Commerce! (was RE: Secret

various people wrote:

> OK, I'll try again. First, as I recall, SECRET clearance
> is actually not very high: when I got it, I had to answer
> a bunch of questions (do you abuse illegal drugs? are
> you now or have you ever been a member of any
> organizations? have you ever been _arrested_ for anything?)

[and]

> 	I suspect I know what organizations they're interested in (CPUSA et
> al), but did they ask about any specific organizations?

I think this discussion of background checks for clearances has gone
rather far astray of cypherpunks relevance, folks....

-Futplex <futplex@pseudonym.com>

Thread