1995-12-07 - Re: Still more on the Digicash protocol

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Message Hash: 1551ce155508ed3093e116c8d8d48b46122b31d59f2f44746e68a4d87f107ddb
Message ID: <m0tNnxi-00090NC@pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 14:05:32 PST

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 14:05:32 PST
To: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Subject: Re: Still more on the Digicash protocol

At 10:03 AM 12/7/95 -0800, you wrote:

>I am glad that DigiCash supports this type of cash which anyone can
>deposit.  Actually, I am surprised and puzzled that it does, given
>Chaum's apparent reluctance to endorse schemes to allow payee anonymity
>(due to political problems, apparently).

I, on the other hand, think one of the best uses of digital cash is to
drastically reduce and eventually eliminate the whole concept of
"government."   I see payee-anonymous digital cash as being absolutely
essential.

Thread