1995-12-02 - Re: Netscape gives in to key escrow

Header Data

From: “Ed Carp” <ecarp@netcom.com>
To: Matt Miszewski <crypto@midex.com>
Message Hash: 1cc3657f01367c7219380a82633bbb4cc019a16ab4fa53df59afea617cf74226
Message ID: <199512010750.BAA18796@khijol>
Raw Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 00:27:17 +0800

Raw message

From: "Ed Carp" <ecarp@netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 00:27:17 +0800
To: Matt Miszewski <crypto@midex.com>
Subject: Re: Netscape gives in to key escrow

> Date:          Fri, 1 Dec 1995 04:40:23 -36000
> From:          Matt Miszewski <crypto@midex.com>
> Subject:       Re: Netscape gives in to key escrow
> To:            sameer <sameer@c2.org>
> Cc:            Jeff Weinstein <jsw@netscape.com>, cypherpunks@toad.com,
>                jsw@tera.netscape.com

> On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, sameer wrote:
>
> > 	Jeff: If Netscape comes out in favor of GAK, will you leave?
> > (Wait until February, at least, of course..) You don't have to answer
> > that to me, or the list, just think about it, and answer it for
> > yourself.  Do you think "anyone else" there would leave, as you say
> > below that they don't want to go down history, etc...
> >

> While this would go over well in the press if handled right please let
> everyone remember that Jeff is a real person with bills to pay and food
> to put on at least his own table.  Now if someone out there with their
> own business is willing to match his politics with his purse and offer
> Jeff a job at the same level if he *decides* to leave in the midst of GAK
> flak...

If Jeff decided to leave, I don't think he'd have much trouble
getting something else - I'd be surprised if he wasn't employed the
next day.

Of course, if Jeff's got any stock in Netscape, he'd be nuts to leave
- unless he values his principles more than he values his stock.  No
insult intended.

Thread