1995-12-01 - Re: Barring access to Netscape

Header Data

From: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
To: ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu (Simon Spero)
Message Hash: 47da9e9333dec2fe69c1b4787322c6f912c46d5d61312d92fea70cc2bf21fde0
Message ID: <199512011706.JAA26955@infinity.c2.org>
Reply To: <Pine.SOL.3.91.951201002746.2186B-100000@chivalry>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-01 18:56:00 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 02:56:00 +0800

Raw message

From: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 02:56:00 +0800
To: ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu (Simon Spero)
Subject: Re: Barring access to Netscape

> The field is User-Agent. However, blocking access to users of Navigator
> isn't a particularly useful thing to do. If you must do something, why
> not modify your GET handler to add a header to the start of all html
> pages informing people of the problem, and suggesting alternatives.

	I haven't modified my GET, but at the top of all the standard
c2.org web pages (http://www.c2.org/) if you are using pre-1.12
netscape, it barfs at you with a nasty message. I plan on adding a
line for all netscape browsers, with a link to Lance's page, once it
is ready. (Maybe it is ready now, I just haven't looked yet.)

--
sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734