1995-12-18 - [NOISE] Screening of Unauthorized Access

Header Data

From: stevenw@best.com (Steven Weller)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5cb177bb506801d1e9b66964756ca3862808e47e9580e1c76036c619e9a8ab63
Message ID: <v01530502acfa5292262e@[206.86.1.35]>
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 10:28:00 +0800

Raw message

From: stevenw@best.com (Steven Weller)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 10:28:00 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [NOISE] Screening of Unauthorized Access

Saw this in the net. I know nothing about the movie personally. Perhaps
someone on the list can comment?

>Unauthorized Access, the documentary on the computer hacker underground from
>an insiders point of view is screening in San Francisco!!!
>
>What the critics say:
>
>"Unauthorized Access lets you see and hear from those people that big
>corporations and the government are so afraid of..." - The Seattle Stranger
>
>"If you want to know what a hacker really is, this is a must" - EXE Magazine
>
>"To see the hacking world from the Inside, try watching Unauthorized Access...
>it shows hackers as they see themselves without the media's usual hype..." -
>The New Scientist
>
>"As a cultural piece, it's what we've been waiting for.  Many of us have long
>suspected that modern-day hackers have a unique and rich culture.
>Unauthorized Acess is something we can point to to prove it." - 2600 - The
>Hacker Quarterly
>
>"Annaliza Savage has made a fascinating documentary about the sick world of
>criminal hacking..."  Mich Kabay - NCSA
>
>"It's a kafka-esque expose of the computer underground, a must see for all
>security experts.  This made me want to go out and become a cop."  - Cult of
>the Dead Cow
>
>Question and Answer session after the screening....
>
>Unauthorized Access is screening at:
>Artists Television Access in San Francisco
>Thursday, December 21, 1995 - 8:30 pm
>922 Valencia Street (at 21st) SF, CA  94110
>(415) 824 3890
>
>For more info on Unauthorized Access http://bianca.com/bump/ua/

Steven Weller                      |  "The Internet, of course, is more
                                   |  than just a place to find pictures
                                   |  of people having sex with dogs."
stevenw@best.com                   |       -- Time Magazine, 3 July 1995

Thread