1995-12-24 - KID_zoo

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 743fb4576efaf747baf160a6992805d17b41adf95755e1f6e8f241bbd9515565
Message ID: <199512241541.KAA04332@pipe2.nyc.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 25 Dec 1995 00:38:29 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 1995 00:38:29 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: KID_zoo

   12-24-95. NYPaper:

   "Case Involving Free Speech And the Internet Is Settled."

      A dispute about free speech on the Internet has been
      settled out of Court here after a local school district
      admitted that a high school principal had wrongly
      reprimanded a student for lampooning his school on the
      World Wide Web. The school district apologized to Mr.
      Paul Kim for the punitive actions. "We now know our own
      boundaries," said Ann Oxrieder, the school district's
      spokeswoman. "The Internet is unexplored territory for
      schools and we now know that when a student uses his own
      equipment and on his own time, we should stay out of
      it."

   KID_zoo  (6k)

Thread