1995-12-20 - The Problem With Blaze And Weinstein

Header Data

From: cpunk@remail.ecafe.org (ECafe Anonymous Remailer)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7cdf23f18478eba5030e8dbb5c1fe3636e04b9ba5504bc702be901b73fd045cc
Message ID: <199512202018.UAA02824@pangaea.ang.ecafe.org>
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Dec 95 12:16:19 PST

Raw message

From: cpunk@remail.ecafe.org (ECafe Anonymous Remailer)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 95 12:16:19 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The Problem With Blaze And Weinstein

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'm
sure these people are very smart and have
written lots of good code. I'm sure they're
very nice and never kick their dogs.  I'm
just tired of people defending them as
cypherpunks.

They aren't cypherpunks.

Neither has come out against GAK. They
both carefully avoid commiting to any
statement. They want us to think they're
"one of us" but they don't want to be
pinned down because they are double dipping
on both sides of the fence.

Blaze even does "research" on GAK. See
his web page for evidence. Also the TIS
report. The fact that he found a bug in
clipper doesn't change this. It proves
it.  He works for the government, via att.

Weinstein is actively promoting GAK by
working at the company that the government
has chosen to bring it to you now that
att has failed.

WHY IS EVERYONE SO QUICK TO DEFEND THESE
PEOPLE? DO THEY HAVE YOU ALL SO IMPRESSED
WITH THEIR MASTERS DEGREES THAT YOUR AFRAID
TO LOOK CLOSELY?

No, I did not post the RSA patch. I wouldn't
touch any of that code with a 5 meter pole.

To the guy who says write code: I've
written plenty of code. Clue: your probably
running some of it right now.

I'm anonymous because I've seen FIRST HAND
what the att lawyers do to people who
tell the wrong kind of truth.

Want me to be a 'nym. OK.

s/ Bill Gates (he has good lawyers that