1995-12-19 - Re: Political Cleanup program

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: vznuri@netcom.com
Message Hash: 86191387aaffe33d8754ca83454f5a3e6b2413421cb1238311d40d61a434212b
Message ID: <01HYYIT21PW88Y51HJ@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 13:20:21 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 13:20:21 +0800
To: vznuri@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Political Cleanup program

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>

>there seem to be a lot of people who suggest that merely because politics
involves money, it is therefore corrupt. this is an awfully vague and
nebulous line of thinking in my view. are we to suppose that any industry
that involves money (all of them, of course) inevitably moves in
the direction of corruption? perhaps some more "cynicalpunks" may have
this view, but I don't share it.
	I am admittedly uncertain whether to reply to this, but... one thing
about capitalism is that money serves as a reward. Attempts to remove this
(such as in the Soviet Union) have resulted in people no longer being motivated
by things like bonuses. In other words, if we can remove the government from
having influence on the markets, then politics by money is not really a
problem. It's just another motivation for people to get more money.
	-Allen

Thread