1995-12-19 - RE: Political Cleanup program

Header Data

From: “Kurt Buff (Volt Comp)” <a-kurtb@microsoft.com>
To: “reh@wam.umd.edu>
Message Hash: 97cb031210b02bd1538b4c9908f4a70854b1248ee9b32ea301a758aeddcb2e13
Message ID: <c=US%a=%p=msft%l=RED-06-MSG951219111358NO00BA00@red-01-msg.itg.microsoft.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1995-12-19 22:40:11 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Dec 95 14:40:11 PST

Raw message

From: "Kurt Buff (Volt Comp)" <a-kurtb@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 95 14:40:11 PST
To: "reh@wam.umd.edu>
Subject: RE: Political Cleanup program

Ya won't have complete equity amongst lobbyists, until ya remove the power
of bureaucrats to control people's lives. When laws can be used to deprive
people of their livelihood, via either taxation or regulation, you will
create situations where people can make money from it, and therefore
unscrupulous people will take advantage. The only defensible argument for
government at all is to protect people from depredation, either from fellow
citizens or from external threats. When you prevent people from engaging in
peaceful commerce, you open the floodgates to tyranny. Thus, the solution is
less government, not to try to legislate human nature.

Kurt
[speaking for myself, of course]