1995-12-01 - (fwd) ECheques

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9d31251e74289f8a048fe1c8992e1fe07cad56907e252b86eb2e92638d446671
Message ID: <v02120d4cace424453e03@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 12:52:47 +0800

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 12:52:47 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: (fwd) ECheques

--- begin forwarded text

From: "John Hemming CEO MarketNet"  <JohnHemming@mkn.co.uk>
Date:  Thu, 30 Nov 1995 17:11:34 PM PST
To: www-buyinfo@allegra.att.com
Subject: ECheques

We have just had the final modifications of the documentation from our
Lawyers to make the UK Sterling Clearing ECheque system fully live.

If you want to peruse the process

http://mkn.co.uk/bank - about opening accounts
http://mkn.co.uk/help/bank/register - account contract
http://mkn.co.uk/help/bank/regkey - registering each key mandate

We do intend putting some form of PGP signature checking facility
in for clearing ECheques later, but for the moment the standard ECheque
form generated by WorkHorse is what we accept.

The Standard ECheque is nothing more than a BER encoded sequence
similar to a certificate request with a standard PKCS signature at the end
of it which is then Base64 encoded (but if you use the decoding
facilities in WorkHorse you can see this).

Britain .... first again.

We did clear an ECheque in September, but this is now the real McCoy.
Merchant accounts cost nothing to open and the transactional charge
for a Merchant to receive Sterling (not ecash denominated in Sterling)
is 1%.  The accounts can be reviewed online and they are real bank
accounts (in Sterling however).  Other Merchant transactions are costed
as usual see conditions (eg 40p per cheque - paper cheque).

If you want to integrate ECheques and the web simply see our flower
ordering form http://mkn.co.uk/load/ordflow

John
--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA (617) 958-3971
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell
The NEW(!) e$ Home Page: http://thumper.vmeng.com/pub/rah/

Thread