1995-12-21 - Re: KOD

Header Data

From: David Mandl <dmandl@bear.com>
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: aa208ac127e01133b69bfe78fd0fd9d2f0dc31a46cc4297f50e2d992bc8439e3
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951221093459.4338t-100000@goya>
Reply To: <199512202258.RAA13656@pipe2.nyc.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-21 14:50:04 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 06:50:04 PST

Raw message

From: David Mandl <dmandl@bear.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 06:50:04 PST
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: KOD

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, John Young wrote:

> >Can you reveal who they are?  No way am I going to buy
> >Newsweek to  find out.
>
> Anyone out of Newsweek's range, return this msg, empty, to me
> to get the 50 mugshots, then ... sort out the living from the
> dead.

I send for copies of John's articles almost every day (thanks, John).
I was fooled this time because the reply codes are ALWAYS of the form
AAA_bbb, and this time it was just AAA.  It went right by me.  There
must be a psychology lesson in here somewhere.

So did Pipeline finally upgrade their software, or what?

> Best not to cypherdunk the already nym-shot victims. Privacy is
> paramount, bellows this list, no?

Um, sure, John.

Cypherpunk relevance: There's apparently an encrypted message in
John's last paragraph above.  A free T-shirt to the first person to
find it.

   --D.

--
David Mandl
Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc.

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.