1995-12-07 - Plea for information

Header Data

From: REES@rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bab9e0044b0ff7ade8637a3f65022c317617bb2a61eac40ce710e9f25284d98c
Message ID: <951207113222.88b6@rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 03:33:15 PST

Raw message

From: REES@rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 03:33:15 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Plea for information

I would be interested in learning more about the politics and mathematics of
cryptography, but my site does not have access to a newsreader.  As I am new to
the Net, I am not aware of any acceptable way around this, which will allow me
to read and contribute to the cypherpunk and related newsgroups - please can
you help me out on this matter.  Also, I would like to know how best to
understand cryptography - I have a textbook on the basic mathematical concepts
underlying the techniques but it is too advanced for my current knowledge in
this field (A-level - ie. end of high school), please can you suggest a good
starting place for me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Daniel Rees

Thread