1995-12-01 - GAK Flap Happening at a Good Time–Journalists Read!

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c158f284c514734fd8d66b5e007a97fd77564cc2bace710a8b5dd8ed56252621
Message ID: <ace40c750602100466d1@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 03:38:08 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 03:38:08 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: GAK Flap Happening at a Good Time--Journalists Read!

At 8:43 AM 12/1/95, Leslie Todd Masco wrote:

>I've been told that many media-types go to the archives whenever c'punks
>make the news.  How much of an effect do y'all think it'll have if they
>can't do it with Netscape?

Even better, let's see the journalists get the story first-hand.

I hope the media types reading now will attend the December 5th (I
think...details should be available) gathering on "key escrow" in
Washington. D.C. This should be a fiery meeting, especially if the Netscape
reps (I assume someone from Netscape will be attending, given their central
role in the all-important Web world) either denounce GAK or support GAK.

Frankly, and my thanks again to Sameer for bringing this to our attention,
this flap over Jim Clark's GAK-supporting remarks could not have come at a
better time: the issue of GAK will not be ignored.

--Tim May

Views here are not the views of my Internet Service Provider or Government.