1995-12-10 - Re: Still more on the Digicash protocol

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ca65a2cd228c73f4ea08b993a5ad85f822a5b80729bfbbfb400654425e46a49a
Message ID: <01HYNCMO0E728Y4X93@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 10 Dec 95 13:14:35 PST

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 95 13:14:35 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Still more on the Digicash protocol

From: futplex@pseudonym.com (Futplex)

It seems to me that end-to-end encryption is not significantly more important
for remailed messages. Really, there's less information in the message when
it emerges from the last remailer, so there's less to protect than in the
ordinary case. Furthermore, it may not even be feasible, since I may not have
a public key I can associate with my correspondent.
	A possible solution: the correspondent generates a new public key and
sends it as part of the transaction. The key is then wiped afterward. Sorry if
this isn't possible due to something that I've misunderstood.
	-Allen

Thread