1995-12-02 - Barring access to Netscape, a step better

Header Data

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master@internexus.net>
To: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Message Hash: d04ed060ccd81bb7af53fad420f3075013d174b5554acb0b1ca88c24eb2bd77e
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.951201173320.21765D-100000@micro.internexus.net>
Reply To: <Pine.SOL.3.91.951201002746.2186B-100000@chivalry>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-02 00:07:50 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 08:07:50 +0800

Raw message

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master@internexus.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 08:07:50 +0800
To: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Subject: Barring access to Netscape, a step better

> The field is User-Agent. However, blocking access to users of Navigator
> isn't a particularly useful thing to do. If you must do something, why
> not modify your GET handler to add a header to the start of all html
> pages informing people of the problem, and suggesting alternatives.

Great idea! I'm sure there is a cyberpunk on this list willing to write a
patch to NCSA HTTPd to get the job done, in a configurable manor of
course so that a template.html would be 'inserted' at the top of every
document sent out to the specified browser. Any takers?

Thread