1995-12-03 - Re: Suggestion for CP browser

Header Data

From: “Christopher J. Shaulis” <cjs@netcom.com>
To: fc@all.net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen)
Message Hash: d2ad26fb1df88bfc5282aa2ea20ef158b374ef2ab65fa5b993b1c283c95ac574
Message ID: <199512032003.PAA00189@localhost.cjs.net>
Reply To: <9512031205.AA24992@all.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-03 21:10:56 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 3 Dec 95 13:10:56 PST

Raw message

From: "Christopher J. Shaulis" <cjs@netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 95 13:10:56 PST
To: fc@all.net (Dr. Frederick B. Cohen)
Subject: Re: Suggestion for CP browser

> I think a CP browser is just the ticket to change the way the world works.
> How about this:
>
> 	- CP writes a browser with PGP or better quality crypto.
> 	- CP makes it freely available to any individual
> 	- CP licenses it to corporations for $1 per copy
> 	- Funds produced go to support worthy causes, support a permanent
> 		home for CP, and support anti GAK efforts (lobying, etc.)
>
> I think the CP browser should include an embedded language (not Java -
> maybe a version of LISP) that does a far better job than Java of assuring
> limitations on what programs can do.  It should also support faking the
> source of a browser request (for privacy of the user), all forms of digital
> cash, firewall-type forwarding, pseudonyms, and all of the other things that
> CPs fight for.

I was just about to say something rude to whoever wrote this one, then
I noticed who it was.

Where is a clue hammer when you need one?

Christopher

Thread