1995-12-21 - Re: revised time quantization package (Unix & WIN32) available

Header Data

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
To: Dan Harmon <harmon@tenet.edu>
Message Hash: d7b3aa11fb77ac557a05ff7a69b08f002bdbdde2d012cef7c9a77a7974ea327e
Message ID: <Pine.BSD.3.91.951221013748.27593C-100000@usr1.primenet.com>
Reply To: <Pine.OSF.3.91.951220133424.7053C-100000@abernathy.tenet.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-21 01:45:29 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Dec 95 17:45:29 PST

Raw message

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 95 17:45:29 PST
To: Dan Harmon <harmon@tenet.edu>
Subject: Re: revised time quantization package (Unix & WIN32) available

Harmon:

   Have you forgotten polite society?  Have you forgotten what your
mother (should have) told you? "If you can not say something nice, don't
say it."  --in particular refrain from personal attacks.  It is one thing
to criticize, but it is another to blather unintelligibly without any
knowledge than your own bias --and maybe your own intellectual ignorance
and bigotry.  if you have not walked in the other's shoes, keep silent.

   now, if you will please excuse us, Perry has code to write --and I
have code to write.

   lastly, if you can not onserve reasonable decorum, sign for
alt.christian and post heretical ravings, and if you are desparate for
attention or your name in lights, join alt.flame and have at it.

    ATTILA

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Dan Harmon wrote:

> Perry,
>
> the only crypto code you seem to do is the unintelligble postings
> that you send to the list.
>
> .d
>
> On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>

> > Dan Harmon writes:
> > > If this is what you consider contributing them you seem to have some
> > > deep problems that cannot be solved here. You may have to seek professional
> > > help. Your continued and at times seemingly uncontrollable use of vulgar
> > > language may indicate a neurobiological disorder such as Tourette's
> > > syndrome.  You really should have it checked out before you harm yourself
> > > and possibily others.
> >
> > Thank you for the pseudopsychology, but really, all you've done is
> > further confirm my diagnosis of "non-contributing asshole".
> >
> > When was the last time you did anything to actually help spread
> > cryptography, eh?
> >
> > If you'll pardon me, I have crypto code to get back to.
> >
> > .pm

Thread