1995-12-06 - Re: latest librand source now av

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d9eba08417aae0568190e19bbbc0886cb8c3d5051bf779cbf87b075a5bf6684c
Message ID: <199512062319.SAA13164@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <9512062243.AA04215@anon.penet.fi>
UTC Datetime: 1995-12-06 23:18:39 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 15:18:39 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 15:18:39 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: latest librand source now av

an116512@anon.penet.fi (Shithead) writes:
> In .cypherpunks, Matt Blaze <mab@research.att.com> writes:
> >Souce code for the latest version of librand (a random
> >number package based on event interval variations) for
> >Unix-like machines is now available in:
> >  ftp://ftp.research.att.com/dist/mab/librand.shar
>
> why the FUCK would anyone want to use random number code from at&t,
> (and mister nescape GAK apologist himself)? this the code that was
> broken by french student for christs sakes.

What drugs, exactly, have you been taking, and where can we buy them?
They are obviously very good, although it appears that you are getting
a bit of a paranoid edge from them.

(For those not in the know...

1) Matt Blaze is the guy that, among other things, embarassed the NSA
   with his discovery of flaws in Tessera, which made the front page
   of the times.
2) His code has nothing to do with Netscape, and neither does he.)

.pm

Thread