1995-12-12 - Re: NIST GAK meeting writeup, LONG part 3 of 3

Header Data

From: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: de03ec8cd730dab6cfca2bc766e65bcd950ea4debd71f5b55c10a6a77e9d7b25
Message ID: <9512120039.AA00574@ch1d157nwk>
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 14:05:35 +0800

Raw message

From: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 14:05:35 +0800
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: NIST GAK meeting writeup, LONG part 3 of 3

Pat Farrell writes in his report on thi NIST GAK meeting:
>>Geoff said that they may want legislation support for
>>protecting against illegal release of keys, failure to release, etc.

Jim Bell Responds:
>  Pardon me, but since this "key escrow" system was always claimed
>  to be "voluntary," then how can there be any kind of legal penalties
>  associated with "failure to release" those keys?

well, since the subject at hand is Escrow Agent Criteria, "Geoff" is probably
talking about the failure of an escrow agent to release a key upon production
of "lawful authorization" ....

andrew

Thread