1995-12-05 - ZD Net Update v.1 #2

Header Data

From: wwwziff@internet.com (ZD Net / World Wide Web Edition)
To: wwwedition@ziff.com
Message Hash: e74d0ab2223a1d6c5df8dca1a6fdb321c23448c18c2c827ff1e5900a1be5e33d
Message ID: <199512051533.KAA11909@yipee.internet.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 5 Dec 95 07:32:27 PST

Raw message

From: wwwziff@internet.com (ZD Net / World Wide Web Edition)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 95 07:32:27 PST
To: wwwedition@ziff.com
Subject: ZD Net Update v.1 #2

__________________________________ZD Net Update_______________________________
v. 1 #3                                                               11-27-95

Welcome to ZD Net Update, the free E-mail newsletter created especially for
registered users of Ziff-Davis Interactive's ZD Net/World Wide Web edition.
ZD Net Update is a bi-weekly bulletin that alerts you to new and exciting
developments on ZD Net.

In this issue:

> COMPUTER LIFE ONLINE PRESENTS THE HOT SITE OF THE DAY
> INTRODUCING Q&A WITH PC MAGAZINE'S MICHAEL MILLER
> ZD INTERNET LIFE INVITES YOU TO BECOME A WEB REVIEWER
> MACUSER ANNOUNCES 11TH ANNUAL EDITORS' CHOICE FINALISTS

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

COMPUTER LIFE ONLINE PRESENTS THE HOT SITE OF THE DAY

The editors at Computer Life Online surf the Net like a bad habit. When
they find sites that are hot, fresh, interesting--or just relevant to a
healthy computer life--they share the news with everyone here on the Web.
Then, before the Site of the Day gets warm, they put it on the "Previously
Featured Hot Sites" page and serve up another one. Check these out, and you
may be on your way to developing a few bad Net habits of your own:

     http://www.zdnet.com/~complife/filters/site.html

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

INTRODUCING Q&A WITH PC MAGAZINE'S MICHAEL MILLER

PC Magazine Online (http://www.zdnet.com/~pcmag/) is now giving their readers
the opportunity to ask PC Magazine's editor-in-chief, Michael Miller, frank
questions regarding the ever-changing state of the computer industry. Every
week, this new column will feature questions from readers about a given topic.
You can send questions as well as suggestions for topics you'd like to see
Miller address in future columns.

As Miller puts it: "My print column is really an essay on a particular topic.
I try to focus on a broad variety of things, although most my print columns
have been Internet-related lately. That's not too much of a surprise, as I've
been spending a lot of time working with new tools and content for the
Internet. This column will be more conversational. It will give me an
opportunity to answer reader questions and address their concerns. In
addition, this Q&A will be more timely than my magazine column because it
doesn't have to be printed, bound, and mailed."

Among Miller's first topics: PC Magazine's 1995 Technical Excellence Awards
and reflections on the recent Comdex show.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

ZD INTERNET LIFE INVITES YOU TO BECOME A WEB REVIEWER

ZD Internet Life (http:/www.zdnet.com/zdil/), the first interactive magazine
designed from the ground up around a Web site, wants you to become part of
their Web review team. Now you can tell the world what you really think of a
Web site. Check out the new "Rate-o-Matic" review tool

     http://www.zdnet.com/zdil/cgi-bin/review.cgi

and see for yourself. Every review enters you in a monthly drawing, and the
most astute comments may be included in ZDIL's database.

Need some help finding the sites you'd like to review? ZDIL's great new Search
capability will give you a lift:

     http://www.zdnet.com/zdil/cgi-bin/index.pl

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

MACUSER ANNOUNCES 11TH ANNUAL EDITORS' CHOICE FINALISTS

What were the hottest Mac products this year? Find out by perusing MacUser,
which has announced the finalists for this year's Editors' Choice Awards:

     http://www.zdnet.com/~macuser/eddy95/

But that's just the beginning of the story. You are also invited to join the
staff on Monday, December 4, when MacUser's Eddy Web Site celebrates its grand
opening.This state-of-the-art Web site will feature downloadable product
demos, downloadable QuickTime video, RealAudio commentary from editors, links
to product reviews published in MacUser, and the 1995 Eddy Awards Sweepstakes.

Winners will be announced on Sunday, December 17 in a live ceremony on America
Online (Keyword: Eddy95). Information about all the winners will appear on the
Eddy Web Site the following day.

ZD Net Update is the official newsletter of ZD Net/World Wide Web Edition. It
is compiled by Tom Schmidt (tom_schmidt@zd.com). Feel free to respond with any
news, notes, comments, or suggestions. To unsubscribe to ZD Net Update, point
your browser to:

     http://www.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/ziffmail.pl/update

and select

     "Unsubscribe to ZD Net Update."