1995-12-26 - Re: Bidzos on C-Span 2

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f09589ac7d33de11bf5564ec55a88595cecdcb277efa76804fa21f3e19646b7e
Message ID: <v02120d03ad04dff830d3@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 08:36:08 +0800

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 08:36:08 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Bidzos on C-Span 2

At 5:41 PM 12/25/95, John Young wrote:
>If you care, Jim is smoothly hawking a beautiful world of
>easy-going crypto on C-Span 2, at least in NYC at 5:35 PM.

Actually, he did a pretty good job of towing the er, party line. Lots of
good opportunities for analogical heavy lifting in arguments with statists.
"Suppose you had a very strong door which protected your whole house and
made it inviolate. Suppose then the government then wanted to have copy of
your door keys on the off-chance you turn into a crack dealer someday...",
etc.

Except for the fact that he wants Uncle to protect his patents, that is...
;-).

This was done on December 8 at the Commonwealth Club in SFO.  Were there
c'punks there? The questions sounded like it...

He also said something about some kind of magic badge with biometric/PK
software which would allow you to work anywhere there was a network
connection. Reminiscent of our discussions about Xerox PARC's ubiquitous
computing stuff, Gerry O'Neil's 2081, etc.

I feel a rant coming on about this "information toaster" stuff, Metcalfe's
fight with Alsop in Infoworld, etc. Guess I'll start it tomorrow. Take
cover everybody...

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
Bob

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA (617) 958-3971
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell
The NEW(!) e$ Home Page: http://thumper.vmeng.com/pub/rah/

Thread