1996-01-26 - Doctor Denning

Header Data

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 05d851b528c8655b4c42ae682531fce7a75cee0e7dbae14bf85fd9cdd0f840be
Message ID: <199601261807.KAA21401@netcom20.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:05:24 +0800

Raw message

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:05:24 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Doctor Denning

I just read the new and improved Dorothy Denning essay at

    http://www.cosc.georgetown.edu/crypto/Future.html

and I must say that I am impressed to see that our august little
group has managed to define most of the issues Dr. Denning
addresses.  She even uses the Gospel According to Tim as her
first bibliography entry.

One should realize, of course, that whether Crypto Anarchy
prevails depends not upon the varied philosophical leanings of
citizen-units May and Denning, but rather upon whether our
mathematics is more powerful than their jackbooted thugs.

Success also depends upon the implementation of widely
distributed comunications systems which are not vulnerable to
attacks launched against any particular set of nodes, and which
obfuscate which processing elements are responsible for providing
any specified instance of a service.

Crypto Anarchy running on the World Wide Crypto-Mesh.  Your
guarantee of a government-free future, Denning and friends
notwithstanding.

     mpd@netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $

Thread