1996-01-31 - Netscape encrypted email!!

Header Data

From: Vincent Cate <vince@offshore.com.ai>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 05fedfcc9d613f6ed1a868150866eb15d3cfa25142afa635ec670d305a31af5c
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960131154058.8700A-100000@offshore.com.ai>
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 04:12:54 +0800

Raw message

From: Vincent Cate <vince@offshore.com.ai>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 04:12:54 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Netscape encrypted email!!

>   * Integrated email - Netscape Navigator 2.0 offers full-featured and rich
>     email capabilities, allowing you to both read and send secure email
>     messages without launching an external email application.

I downloaded it and checked it out.  But it was not clear how to use this
secure email - so it may lack something yet in user friendlyness, or I may
have just missed it.  Anyway, it should be much easier to use than PGP.
Are we all going to switch to Netscape for email?  Is anyone using this?
Want to tell us how?

   --  Vince

                     INTRODUCING NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR 2.0

END-USER FEATURES

   * Enhanced performance - New features such as client-side image mapping,
     Progressive JPEG support, and support for multiple simultaneous
     streaming of video, audio, and other data formats enhance the
     performance of Netscape Navigator 2.0.

   * Integrated email - Netscape Navigator 2.0 offers full-featured and rich
     email capabilities, allowing you to both read and send secure email
     messages without launching an external email application.

   * Integrated newsgroups - Sort, read, and post newsgroup messages in
     fully threaded hierarchical windows.

   * Security - New dynamic trust capability allows users to accept new
     certificate authorities. Other features include improved security user
     interface and protection against a site impersonating another site.

Thread