1996-01-13 - Re: Theory Question: Why isn’t RSA a 0-knowledge Proof

Header Data

From: hallam@w3.org
To: “Joseph M. Reagle Jr.” <reagle@rpcp.mit.edu>
Message Hash: 0ecd9b2c70032b960115be40bdba153e40a91a867a7ed3541ae68f843aad4f71
Message ID: <9601132301.AA12607@zorch.w3.org>
Reply To: <9601132108.AA19991@rpcp.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-13 23:02:31 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Jan 96 15:02:31 PST

Raw message

From: hallam@w3.org
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 96 15:02:31 PST
To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@rpcp.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Theory Question: Why isn't RSA a 0-knowledge Proof

Zero knowledge means that the recipient obtains no information that they could
not have obtained without knowing the secret information corresponding to the
key.

If I authenticate myself to you by giving a signature on a nonce you chose you
have obtained information that you could not have obtained otherwise.

If it wasn't for the fact that it is IAP and you apear to be a grad student I
might wonder about somone doing their course assignments via the net... :-)

	Phill

Thread