1996-01-01 - Re: SEY_use

Header Data

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
To: Michael Froomkin <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
Message Hash: 0f7172afb8e3a3017d703f53a736637f3c1e0920729191907168327f253de7e3
Message ID: <Pine.BSD.3.91.960101191835.17743G-100000@usr4.primenet.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960101130852.20748E-100000@viper.law.miami.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-01 20:20:10 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 04:20:10 +0800

Raw message

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 04:20:10 +0800
To: Michael Froomkin <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
Subject: Re: SEY_use

    somewhere along the line, the body of your message was lost...

    the concept is interesting... diplomatic immunity is not automatic in
that it implies diplomatic recognition.  does a rogue state enjoy the
privilege of obviously bogus diplomatic passports?  the diplomatic
passport is a "gentleman's agreement" to facilitate trading intelligence
officers --sarcastic maybe, truthful?  been there, done that.

    if nothing else, the bearer of a diplomatic passport can be
effectively forcing house arrest in the embassy/consulate while the
host government forces a recall --I hope the islands have a luxury
hotel in every port of call.

    actually, I would be more interested in your comments on the wire
fraud charges used for an "insufficient" lab facility of a known
microbiologist who happens to be a kook.  standard US procedural use
of conspiracy or wire fraud and/or conspiracy to force a plea bargain.
In return, we get more government bureaucracy, and probably government
review of credentials, or licensing.  academic freedom?

Thread