1996-01-19 - What’s a good math text?

Header Data

From: phorgan@broadvision.com (Patrick Horgan)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 116393186c24f47b7a29dbee4c56a4c53c78ba6a4e917527dfb54d57daec8f94
Message ID: <9601192124.AA27738@star.broadvision.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 19 Jan 96 13:25:34 PST

Raw message

From: phorgan@broadvision.com (Patrick Horgan)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 96 13:25:34 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: What's a good math text?

I'm not on the list just now, my work won't allow me the time to follow it.
I'm still just as interested in cryptography though, and would like
y'all to email me recommendations on good math books that will give me
the background to understand the papers in the field.  I'm sure that will
include a good numbers theory text.  If a beginner at number theory
would have a hard time understanding it, please recommend background
texts as well:)  What else would I need?  My computer science texts
explain complexity theory well, what would I need in information theory.
What would I have to read to understand factoring complexity?  Are there
any new texts that cover the recent breakthroughs in factoring?

Thanks:)

Patrick
Patrick J. Horgan         Broadvision Inc.
phorgan@broadvision.com   333 Distel Circle          Have horse
Phone : (415)943-3677     Los Altos, CA 94022-1404   will ride.
FAX   : (415)934-3701  Opinions mine, not my employers except by coincidence.

Thread