1996-01-06 - Crypto Rules Report

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 13b64a6b0206a46206eef04685a30eda69e8951030d83fe437f1d3e71b8cf144
Message ID: <199601060141.UAA21362@pipe1.nyc.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 10:22:20 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 10:22:20 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Crypto Rules Report

   "Encryption Rules Coming," about an international
   cryptography meeting in Paris, and our request for
   additional information, we have received from nobody:

      Report of the Business-Government Forum on Global
      Cryptogoraphy Policy

      Held on 19-20 December 1995 in Paris

      Detailed Report

   The report includes meeting background information, notes
   on the speakers articulation of the positions of industry
   and governments, and four annexes:

   1. List of participants (EU, US, Japan -- biz and gov);

   2. Statement of Eurobit-ITAC-ITI-JEIDA which sets out
      20 principles of global cryptographic policy;

   3. Statement by the Infosec Business Advisory Group (IBAG)
      on 17 principles of international cryptography;

   4. The Mike Nelson Policy Problem (last point: "No one
      trusts anyone.")

   It would be great if someone would provide an FTP site. It
   is about 31 kb.

Thread