1996-01-14 - Re: Good Riddance to Wiesenthal and His Nazis

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1ef51b3fd5ab1a4404d66f9a0f93ef6bb502a13d0d9328fcb48973132a5cbd7f
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960114072240.0086b12c@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 15:33:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 15:33:44 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Good Riddance to Wiesenthal and His Nazis

At 12:16 AM 1/11/96 -0800, you wrote:
>At 6:26 PM 1/10/96, Adam Shostack wrote:
>>        The Wiesenthal center is very influential in Jewish circles.
>>Attacking them directly would probably be a bad idea, and create bad
>>associations for anonymity amongst Jews.  (I'll come back to this.)
>
>I for one won't hesitate to criticize these Jew Nazis.

This thread is near to the end as the "Nazi Card" has been played...

It looks like "White Supremacists" are destined to become the "fifth
horseman", thus preserving the "law of fives".  I expect to see more uses of
this horseman to attempt to reign in the internet under the yoke of
Government control.  There should be a story on one of the news tabloid
shows any day now...

OBNonSequiter:  I was going through old mail and came upon a rant claiming
that "the End of the Government was at hand!".  It reminded me of some
discussions here about a year ago where various on the anarchist side were
declaring the "imminent death of the state" (GIF at 11).  A quote came to
mind...

"The death of the state is not going to be like some old man dying in the
corner.  It will be like an old man in a crowded building having an
epileptic seizure with lots of guns!"

|   Remember: Life is not always champagne. Sometimes it is REAL pain.   |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | alano@teleport.com  |

Thread