1996-01-17 - SHA-2

Header Data

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
To: Mutatis Mutantdis <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>
Message Hash: 216039d8c9fe9adeadcf99b212f650ba7962f558f159ac9e3d8ab94f1d2e2425
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9601171231.A16122-0100000@aix2.uottawa.ca>
Reply To: <199601170238.VAA25799@UNiX.asb.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-17 18:16:42 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 02:16:42 +0800

Raw message

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 02:16:42 +0800
To: Mutatis Mutantdis <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>
Subject: SHA-2

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Mutatis Mutantdis wrote:

> It is a random-noise device driver for DOS, which samples fast
> timings between keystrokes, disk access, clock-drift, and even mouse
> movement or audio card and hashes with SHA-2 algorithm to generate
> some good-quality randomness.

Schneier mentioned last year in one of his conference reports that SHA
was being revised, yet I couldn't find it in Applied Crypto 2 (I admit
that I don't yet own the new one, and I haven't taken a good enough look
while browsing it in the bookstores), anyone have any pointers to the new
spec?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
TIA

Thread