1996-01-16 - Re: Eggs at Customs (fwd)

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
To: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse@fmp.com>
Message Hash: 2301036f07ed5b3f96975f537e38bc32ee3890438b0dff440a2d71420ac99f55
Message ID: <Pine.ULT.3.91.960115162912.29666L-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Reply To: <199601152336.RAA14733@gateway.fmp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-16 00:31:42 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Jan 96 16:31:42 PST

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 96 16:31:42 PST
To: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse@fmp.com>
Subject: Re: Eggs at Customs (fwd)

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> There has (fortunately!) been a big crackdown recently on the illegal pet
> bird import trade, something akin to the slave trade of the 19th century for
> those of us who like pet birds.  One of the methods people use to import
> birds is to wear special vests full of pockets for rare bird eggs.  If the
> person who wrote this was coming in from SE Asia, especially Australia, then
> this was very possibly the meaning of the question.

And here I thought it was because eggs were a good medium for
transporting biotoxins.

I've been hanging out with you conspiracy freaks too much :-)

-rich

Thread