1996-01-24 - re: [local] Report on Portland Cpunks meeting

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: Alan Olsen <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 322a19b977024053861413a690d0727f09322913199bf2476d287efae0e3eded
Message ID: <m0tevcz-00090ZC@pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 13:42:47 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 13:42:47 +0800
To: Alan Olsen <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: re: [local] Report on Portland Cpunks meeting

At 04:26 PM 1/23/96 -0800, Alan Olsen wrote:

>>This begs the question, "How would you conduct an efficient key signing
>>given what you have learned?" I am in the process of organizing one and
>>would like to get input as to the best way that this should take place.
>>Should people bring key fingerprints and public keys on floppy?  Would it
>>be nice to be online and grab public keys off of a key server? How would
>>you conduct a nym signing?
>
>The things that I learned was that instructions should be sent to the
>participants well in advance.
>
>Key fingerprints should be brought on paper becuase it is not always assured
>of having a computer there to read the disk. (We had a lap top that was
>refusing to read disks effectivly.  We had to use on of the Habit's
>computers.)

...which, of course, had been infected the night before by a black-bag job
by some NSA operatives with a "fiddle with PGP and make the key signatures
come out wrong" virus...  <G!>

Paranoia strikes deep...

Thread