1996-01-29 - Ernst Zundel impersonator on Usenet

Header Data

From: “Declan B. McCullagh” <declan+@CMU.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3aaa12a640656be495f64b29cc71554145c94366a1367e6220d1cf2467c27568
Message ID: <sl35cBm00YUr8g7L9c@andrew.cmu.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 13:52:26 +0800

Raw message

From: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 13:52:26 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Ernst Zundel impersonator on Usenet

Ernst Zundel is the holocaust revisionist who sparked the Wiesenthal
Center's attempts at censorship, and the latest move by the German
government.

Now an AOL alias, "ernstzundl@aol.com", is being used in the course of an
impressive trolling spree on Usenet newsgroups including aus.flame,
alt.skinheads, alt.mindcontrol, and soc.culture.jewish.

Some excerpts from posts to soc.culture.jewish:

        Prior to 1904, there *were* no black people.  But they
        invented the whole myth of Africa, the slave trade, pyramids
        in Egypt, etc-- to serve their own ends.  I know this because
        *I* have studied history.  This is why I am the Revisionist
        Extraordinaire.  I know obscure things about history that
        nobody except me knows.

        FOIL THE JEWISH PLOT!!  POLUTE THE EARTH!!  CONTAMINATE THE
        WATER!!  DESTROY EVERY LIVING THING TO SAVE IT FROM THE JEWS!!
        AND THEN WAIT FOR THE MOTHER SHIP TO BRING US TO OUR HOME IN
        THE STARS!

I found an interesting message with the help of Alta Vista. Posted by
"ernstzundl@aol.com" to rec.scuba, it said:

        Does anyone know of any scuba clubs in or near Kingston, NY?

        Thanks!

I'm not familiar with how AOL screen names work, but my guess is that
the Kingston, NY resident impersonating Zundel forgot to switch back
to his other screen name before posting.

-Declan

Thread