1996-01-30 - Re: CONTEST: Name That Program! (no-brainer)

Header Data

From: cjs@netcom.com (cjs)
To: nsb@nsb.fv.com (Nathaniel Borenstein)
Message Hash: 3b2517ae09905477041e0e330010a66b430b24a1146edc1f0332c73053a8f0e3
Message ID: <199601292129.NAA07315@netcom20.netcom.com>
Reply To: <sl3GafqMc50eQWYD0N@nsb.fv.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-30 00:30:35 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 08:30:35 +0800

Raw message

From: cjs@netcom.com (cjs)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 08:30:35 +0800
To: nsb@nsb.fv.com (Nathaniel Borenstein)
Subject: Re: CONTEST:  Name That Program! (no-brainer)

> As you may have read in my previous message, First Virtual has developed
> and demonstrated a program that completely undermines all known schemes
> for using software-encrypted credit cards on the Internet.  More details
> are avialable at http://www.fv.com/ccdanger.
>
> That was the easy part.

***ROFL***

This "pre-encryption" program is not a virus. It attaches to the
keyboard driver and captures keystrokes from the keyboard as they are
typed -- BEFORE they can be encrypted by the application encryption
software. First Virtual scientists note that credit a check-digit. A
greater danger is that passwords are also as easily captured.

***ROFL***

This has got to be the no-brainer of the century.

REad teh rest of their press release at:

http://www.fv.com:80/ccdanger/announce.html

You'd think they had discovered the cure for aids or something. =)

Christopher

Thread