1996-01-31 - [noise] Re: Escrowing Viewing and Reading Habits with the Governmen

Header Data

From: Bruce Murphy <packrat@ratbox.rattus.uwa.edu.au>
To: Alan Horowitz <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3d903b98a7dec4275c3190f36ceeca63da1f754951590665642d8333c2e9aaf8
Message ID: <199601301215.UAA00316@ratbox.rattus.uwa.edu.au>
Reply To: <Pine.SV4.3.91.960129150914.6284C-100000@larry.infi.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-31 16:42:47 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 00:42:47 +0800

Raw message

From: Bruce Murphy <packrat@ratbox.rattus.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 00:42:47 +0800
To: Alan Horowitz <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [noise] Re: Escrowing Viewing and Reading Habits with the Governmen

In message <Pine.SV4.3.91.960129150914.6284C-100000@larry.infi.net>,
  Alan Horowitz wrote:

> > > Do you really think that the FBI foreign counter-intelligence squad has
> > > nothing better to do than keep a database of who is reading Che Guevara
> > > memoirs?
> >
> > Heck, I remember this was a big issue about 15 years ago. Try asking
> > someone who was active in library science in the late 70's, early 80's.
>
>     I did. They said you're wrong. Shall we start a CP flame-war of
> unattributed allegations from librarians who will recall what *they
> thought* the FBI is interested in?

Should we instead start a CP flame war involving unattributed
allegations from librarians who are being monitored by aliens who will
recall crop circles in the microfiche?

I presume all this interest was brought about by several (relatively)
recent uses of the (alleged) information about FBI monitoring of
libraries?

What the hell, I wanted to own a copy of Applied Cryptography anyway.

--
Packrat (BSc/BE;COSO;Wombat Admin)
Nihil illegitemi carborvndvm.

Thread