1996-01-12 - Re: Cryptolib & Crypto++

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
To: grimm@MIT.EDU
Message Hash: 51aaceea34f2df4456a19f529f45217d626234c1d8920423e5c4554bdf44356a
Message ID: <199601120225.VAA22645@homeport.org>
Reply To: <9601120145.AA09274@vongole.MIT.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-12 10:58:11 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 18:58:11 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 18:58:11 +0800
To: grimm@MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Cryptolib & Crypto++

grimm@MIT.EDU wrote:

| What are Cryptolib & Crypto++?

Cryptolib is a package by Jack Lacy of AT&T.  It provides a C library
interface to a variety of useful crypto algorithims.  Includes
bignums, standard ciphers, a truerand, public key time quantization,
some other stuff.

	Crytpo++ is a C++ library by Wei Dai.  Its original
implementation was pulled after RSA threw lawyers around.  Version 1.1
was released recently with RSA cooperation.  It includes a very large
number of algorithims, including all the usual ones (DES, IDEA, rsa)
and some less common ones: Lubyrack, diamond, rc5.  It also has random
number, compression, hash functions, zeroknowledge, secret sharing,
ascii armoring, etc.  If I used C++, this would be all I needed.

					               -Hume

Thread