1996-01-27 - No Subject

Header Data

From: anon-remailer@utopia.hacktic.nl (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 51b3f9c59e2b310e6bc078ff0cf2ef4e37ade41e885564ac897bc2bbba17948f
Message ID: <199601270054.BAA12525@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 10:01:27 +0800

Raw message

From: anon-remailer@utopia.hacktic.nl (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 10:01:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

Jim Bell writes:

>While this would normally be my cue to offer up my "Assassination Politics"
>idea, which (if presumed to be correct) would stabilize "anarchy" and
>prevent "lawlessness and social disorder" (at least as normally seen by the
>average reader) I think that under the circumstances that would be redundant
>here.

I'm not *sure* that your Assassination Politics trip is the worst piece of tripe I've ever seen on the list, but if it's not, it's right up there.

Those of us who are anarchists are often that way because we think the *means* the State uses are evil, not to be excused by any amount of mumbo-jumbo.  And you gleefully propose to let us *all* in on the immoral game of murdering those who annoy us sufficiently.

I'll pass.

You know, if I were constructing an agent provacateur, I'd want a persona who's willing to be loudly clueless with ideas that show minimal or non-existent awareness of basic human hopes and fears, like security from random hit-squads.  I'd have him go on and on with his ideas, until eventually they can splashed all over headlines and used to discredit the whole realm of privacy protection.

But no, I don't think you're an agent.  More fool you, you're willing to do the government's disinformation work for it without even thirty pieces of silver or a 401K.

At this point I recommend to you the 12-step program I explained to Vladimir.

Signed,
A Friend

Thread