1996-01-15 - Re: Zimmermann case is dropped.

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: Alex Strasheim <cp@proust.suba.com>
Message Hash: 55d89c75d48ad114d071c4973345eb34637fe275d1a05afe27672ff24a7dbd27
Message ID: <199601150642.WAA16157@ix13.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 14:57:32 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 14:57:32 +0800
To: Alex Strasheim <cp@proust.suba.com>
Subject: Re: Zimmermann case is dropped.

At 11:22 AM 1/12/96 -0600, Alex Strasheim <cp@proust.suba.com> wrote:
>We need a large sponser who is willing to run a more ambitious crypto
>archive.  If an institution like MIT hosted a more generalized site where
>people could distribute code, it would go a long way towards thawing out
>the chill the government's managed to create by harassing PRZ.

Oxford University, University of Milan, and Finnish University Network
not big enough for you?  I usually get my PGP code from Oxford.
Now, if MIT were willing to distribute other code from their server,
it would make it easier for people to put their names on their postings,
which would be a Good Thing, without the need for posting to sci.crypt
with Distribution: usa or anonymously remailing encrypted copies or whatever.
#--
#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts@ix.netcom.com, Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#
# "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty" used to mean us watching
# the government, not the other way around....

Thread