1996-01-03 - Re: Guerilla Internet Service Providers

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr. Dimitri Vulis)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 594cc517e993956fbcb3c7eb3fd2a9a068fe23679219f98af2370d2e1cfb1b6d
Message ID: <HRP4gD17w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <9601021325.AA15502@alpha>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-03 01:26:55 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Jan 96 17:26:55 PST

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr. Dimitri Vulis)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 96 17:26:55 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Guerilla Internet Service Providers

m5@dev.tivoli.com (Mike McNally) writes:
> Dimitri Vulis writes:
>  > > For how long  ... ?
>  >
>  > For as long as they're able to provide information and services that
>  > customers want, which are not available via "generic" small ISP's.
>
> But don't you think it likely that AOL & Compuserve will soon see the
> economic advantage of making their services available (for per-use
> fees) to the Internet as a whole?  If not AOL & Compuserve, then
> certainly the actual content providers themselves.  (The NSA may be a
> different matter.)
>
> I don't see why content providers would not be willing to make stuff
> available via the internet; they don't have to do it for free.

OK, I'm sure we have the nice folks from the National Computer Security
Association on this list.  Why don't they set up their forum so it's not
necessary to have a CompuServe account to access it?

---

Dr. Dimitri Vulis