1996-01-30 - your bogus post

Header Data

From: Paul Graham <pg@viaweb.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 68211fa7982c43e9141ccdaeb7932d5a6e93da58c1560e43dc75c7dcd9ac0bcc
Message ID: <199601301524.KAA06011@tintin.uun.org>
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 01:37:26 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Graham <pg@viaweb.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 01:37:26 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: your bogus post

We run an online mall.  We had been planning eventually to offer the
store owners the option of taking fv payment as well as credit
card numbers.

After reading your recent post to cypherpunks, which I would say is
the most bogus post ever made on this bogus subject, we are
determined *not* to use fv payment systems if we can possibly
avoid it.

That post was news to no one.  The kind of attack you "discovered"
has been known about for years, and is just not a serious threat.
users, and get publicity for fv.

A company capable of doing such irresponsible things is not one
that we would trust with users' money.

-- pg

Thread