1996-01-29 - Re: The Big Lie

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: mpd@netcom.com
Message Hash: 860d32569bb0b8d18395fc2acac25658a69f3a8598c820bb1d86ad2435923745
Message ID: <01I0JXH66UC8A0UMAT@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:11:34 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:11:34 +0800
To: mpd@netcom.com
Subject: Re: The Big Lie

tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May) writes:

 > [Note: I present this as a line of thinking that is
 > actually often the result of suppression of views. "If They
 > are suppressing it, maybe there's some truth to it." Note
 > also that the views of Zundel and other Holocaust Deniers
 > are not causally related to the deaths of millions of Jews,
 > gypsies, and others in WW II. The damage, if any, is in the
 > "hurt feelings" and "insults" felt by survivors and their
 > relatives.

	While survivors and their relatives are certainly the most hurt by
such, I would like to mention that the insults in question also include those
who allegely lied about the camps. My grandfather (Ltc. (Ret.) William H.
Smith) was directly behind the front lines in his Army Intelligence work
(document gathering and sorting at that point). He and his sergeant were the
first Allied discoverers of one of the camps- I believe Dachau. Moreover, he
was in charge of the Paris Documents Center at one point. I don't like his
being called a liar.
	Despite that, I still regard Holocaust Revisionists as having free
speech rights. It's just if they try to recreate Krystallnacht (sp?) that I
want them dead.
	-Allen

Thread