1996-01-09 - Re: DNow2 Re: Hammill 1987 speech

Header Data

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
To: Evan Ravitz <evan@darkstar.cygnus.com>
Message Hash: 8ed3842f925c6c30d17acfcfaa2f3e6c21244021e65c6b30579fb0760e09818d
Message ID: <Pine.SV4.3.91.960108224625.5588C-100000@larry.infi.net>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960108013408.6640R-100000@darkstar.cygnus.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-09 06:30:56 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 14:30:56 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 14:30:56 +0800
To: Evan Ravitz <evan@darkstar.cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: DNow2 Re: Hammill 1987 speech

Hi Evan,

Thanks for that lovely peice about the Chiapas uprising. I'm saving it to
disk. It's so archtypal of the turgid prose of graduates of Moscow's
Patrice Lumumba University. How wondrous that leftists-without-a-home can
find a cause to latch onto and keep their rhetorical skills in practice.

Want to come with me tomorrow? I'm going down to the library to re-read
the history of the Indians of Meso-America.  I like the part about the
hundreds of thousands of peasants who had their hearts cut out without
anesthesia, so that the Emperor could collect lots of taxes on an abundant
harvest.  Damn shame that the Spaniards came along and destroyed a
culture, ya know?

Alan Horowitz
alanh@infi.net

Thread