1996-01-01 - Re: SEY_use [NOISE]

Header Data

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
To: David Lesher <wb8foz@nrk.com>
Message Hash: 96c386d771c520e896f14ced76d34318b3974b5f2a78cfd0d11a34ed915d148f
Message ID: <Pine.BSD.3.91.960101211920.20146B-100000@usr4.primenet.com>
Reply To: <199601012027.PAA02788@nrk.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-01 22:15:43 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 06:15:43 +0800

Raw message

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 06:15:43 +0800
To: David Lesher <wb8foz@nrk.com>
Subject: Re: SEY_use [NOISE]

On Mon, 1 Jan 1996, David Lesher wrote:

> >     the concept is interesting... diplomatic immunity is not automatic in
> > that it implies diplomatic recognition.  does a rogue state enjoy the
> > privilege of obviously bogus diplomatic passports?  the diplomatic
> > passport is a "gentleman's agreement" to facilitate trading intelligence
> > officers --sarcastic maybe, truthful?  been there, done that.
>
> A Dip Passport does nothing of the kind.

    come on, David. stated and "real" use are often quite different.
    I meant what I said, literally: "...been there, done that."

    it's nice to believe that governments are above board --they never
    have been, and never will be --and Bubba is a prime example.  I
    would buy a used car from Tricky Dick long before I would from Bubba!

    power is not only corruption, it is _deceit_!

    BTW, I do not disagree with your "protocol" in the slightest. PNG,
    and the trading of PNGs has been around ever since the French seemed
    to their language dominate foreign affairs --however, persona non
    gratis is rather explicit.

    and, I still wonder how the host country will treat "bogus" DPs
    from rogue states if they have more DPs than real citizens. uncle
    has been getting less suble these days....

> You are awarded stutus by your placement by the host country, on their
> Diplomatic List. If you are there, fine; otherwise... Now, you'll never
> get on that list without a Dip. Passport & recipricol agreement but it's
> not enough...
>
> Your name can be removed by the host at any time (PNG'ed) but some kind
> of warning is necessary so you can leave the host country prior to
> expiration of the status. (Not much, however! I recall one case where it
> was _literally_ "Be on the 4pm plane, or else.") If you are out of the
> country already, you won't be back. (One person was, and his cat became
> the ""PNG Pussy"" as she was shipped home the next day.)
>
> The Dip List being out-of-date caused considerable embarrassment to the
> US during our invasion of Panama. Marines raided the Nicaraguan
> Ambassador's Residence because the out-of-date copy at the US Mission
> showed the _old_ address.
>
> --
> A host is a host from coast to coast.................wb8foz@nrk.com
> & no one will talk to a host that's close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX
> Unless the host (that isn't close).........................pob 1433
> is busy, hung or dead....................................20915-1433

Thread