1996-01-12 - Mitnick Road Show

Header Data

From: Andrew Barrett/CheckFree Corporation <Andrew_Barrett@checkfree.com>
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 9aaad7b2d32204bdb6f897db474fea131e8cf309b4ecda42ab83491a7e282bf2
Message ID: <9601111747.AA0296@6thstreetcheckfree.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 18:26:02 +0800

Raw message

From: Andrew Barrett/CheckFree Corporation <Andrew_Barrett@checkfree.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 18:26:02 +0800
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Mitnick Road Show

Andy P. wrote:

>Saw the Stanford seimnar given by Tsutomu Shimomura and John Markoff,
>on the subject of Tsutomu's pursuit of Kevin Mitnick.

Saw a teaser last night for Friday's broadcast of the Stone and Pauly show.
Looks like they're doing a piece on Mitnick. They did not mention him by name,
but used some of the epitaphs commonly associated with Mitnick since Markoff's
Cyberpunk. Which makes sense, since most of the viewing public doesn't know
Kevin Mitnick from Steve Jobs.

I just hope this piece is better than the infamous Unsolved Mysteries
treatments. I am not holding my breath.

Thread