1996-01-23 - Re: Query over PZ

Header Data

From: dmandl@panix.com (David Mandl)
To: tallpaul@pipeline.com (tallpaul)
Message Hash: af84453d1464d06f7ca9221e2f450178c928328b93ddf3847449855613bb7c3e
Message ID: <v01530502ad2a21fe0411@[166.84.250.21]>
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Jan 96 21:32:09 PST

Raw message

From: dmandl@panix.com (David Mandl)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 96 21:32:09 PST
To: tallpaul@pipeline.com (tallpaul)
Subject: Re: Query over PZ

At 12:00 AM 1/23/96, tallpaul wrote:
>Anonymous User had a question over PZ's politics.
>
>PZ has posted to the list and thus has, I believe, his address available to
>list subscribers.
>
>How did PZ answer the question privately when Anonymous User posed the
>question to PZ on private e-mail?
>
>If Anonymous User did not first pose the question to PZ privately, why did
>he post it to the list publically?

Seems to me Ms. Anonymous wasn't taking it seriously, but was posting the
news clip here for our amusement, or to show the kind of shabby work some
journalists do, or to scare us by demonstrating how insane rumors get
started.

I can't imagine that anyone who knows the address of the cypherpunks list
and can use an anonymous remailer could take a ridiculous claim like that
seriously.

   --Dave.

--
Dave Mandl