1996-01-29 - The boss is watching…

Header Data

From: dfickes@advice.com (David Fickes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b0a88ef6fa6c4d450b214239ac0d8bfb11c2bc7fbab0da670d0d33556e77b383
Message ID: <9601282337.AA12709@advice.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:26:48 +0800

Raw message

From: dfickes@advice.com (David Fickes)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:26:48 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The boss is watching...

 I've just been contacted by the producer of a cable news/analysis
 program who is putting together a show focusing on employees fooling
 around on the Web and what employers can do about it. (Trust their
 employees?).

 She is very interested in stories and tales of employers who have
 taken action against employee "abuse" but also is looking for
 companies that have policies that satisfy the "auditors" without
 becoming "onerous." She has convinced me that she is interested
 in presenting a balanced report and I've offered to gather whatever
 information I can lay my hands on before Feb 2.

 Incidentally, I was contacted because of my work on the announcement
 of "Internet WatchDog", a computer monitoring tool, which was
 previously mentioned on the list.

 Thanks for your help in advance...

 regards, -d

 David Fickes                                    dfickes@advice.com
 ADVICE Marketing                                phone: 415/321-2198
 366 Cambridge Avenue                              fax: 415/321-2199
 Palo Alto, CA 94306

Thread