1996-01-26 - Re: Bernie S. Sentencing

Header Data

From: Matt Miszewski <crypto@midex.com>
To: ecarp@netcom.com
Message Hash: bac437ae2d85ad268682b7e881c4c5ee7357e1ec8d07dc55e757c887fd03bb1b
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9601261954.C3536-0100000@shaq.midex.com>
Reply To: <199601260132.UAA05720@dal1820.computek.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-26 21:24:06 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 05:24:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Matt Miszewski <crypto@midex.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 05:24:06 +0800
To: ecarp@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Bernie S. Sentencing

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996, Ed Carp, KHIJOL SysAdmin wrote:

(snip)
> The last thing one of the "suits" said was something like "they know
> about the hole in RSA we found with the quantum computer" - or that's
> what was reportedly said.  Something like that.

The AP line came down that the matchbook contained the algorithm for
easily factoring large primes.  Apparently the drunken stupor that Tim
and Perry were in dislodged a blocking mechanism in each others brains
and the answer appeared to them.  Perry, being the wit he is, quickly
jotted down the relevant material.

The suits were reportedly affiliated with a little known
group called "CypherDietyPunks".

Matt

> --
> Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp@linux.org, ecarp@netcom.com
> 					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager
> 					800/558-3408 SkyPager
> Finger ecarp@netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744@anon.penet.fi
>
> "Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
> through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
> waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
> asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"
>
>                     -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

Thread