1996-01-01 - Re: (NOISE) Re: PLA_gue Germ Terrorism

Header Data

From: “Robert A. Rosenberg” <hal9001@panix.com>
To: jonnyx <jonnyx@edge.edge.net>
Message Hash: c7d98bc34d708eb4905d29f1208af8f0533a5143d4cf64e32f61a0bc3cd8655e
Message ID: <v02140a01ad0daa891fe1@[165.254.158.218]>
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 04:11:47 +0800

Raw message

From: "Robert A. Rosenberg" <hal9001@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 04:11:47 +0800
To: jonnyx <jonnyx@edge.edge.net>
Subject: Re: (NOISE) Re: PLA_gue  Germ Terrorism

At 21:54 12/30/95, jonnyx wrote:

>Think that's fun? How 'bout this: given that the initial "mapping"
>phase of the human genome project is nearly complete, and the huge
>amount of genetic information available on the net, PLUS ever-
>more-powerful-yet-less-costly computers anyone can purchase, just
>how long do y'all think it'll be before some nut whips up a bug
>that targets, say, people with negroid genetic characteristics?
>Or epicanthic folds? Or blonde hair?

This reminds me of a 1940's Novel by Science Fiction Author Robert A.
Heinlein called "Sixth Column." In it the US has been conquered by an
invasion from Asia and the resistance (such as it is) is a small Top Secret
hidden US Army research center with some equipment that can act on people
based on their genetic makeup. Thus when it is time to go after the
invaders, it is done with guns that kill only Asians but have no effect on
anyone-else.

Thread