1996-01-12 - Re: Zimmermann case is dropped.

Header Data

From: hallam@w3.org
To: sameer <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d1a19ddd0ac3f88f28bda0f37a7392625aaee37ce0eb7e4a5679ff247df4c729
Message ID: <9601120029.AA04608@zorch.w3.org>
Reply To: <199601112329.PAA15617@infinity.c2.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-12 01:30:44 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:30:44 +0800

Raw message

From: hallam@w3.org
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:30:44 +0800
To: sameer <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Zimmermann case is dropped.

>	We've made no progress. Phil has lots lots of time and gained
>lots of grey hairs, and everyone who donated to his defense fund lost
>money.

No progress? At least Phil is not going off on a trip to Alcatraz to
make small ones out of big ones. Thats a big plus in many peoples books.

One of the most overdue reforms of the US government is the renaming of
the FBI building to remove the name of J Edgar Hoover. The abuse of power
under his administration of the FBI continues to poison the US polity
by providing clear proof to many citizens that their government cannot be
trusted. While the abuses of Hoover continue to be commemerated in this
fashion there can be little public confidence in any claims of reform.

>	The US can still harass people if they want, and make their
>life hell.

Not just the US government. There are many crooks out there who have attempted
or are attempting worse. At least with the government there are means to
bring it to heel eventually.

	Phill

Thread