1996-01-03 - Re: Compuserve hasn’t banned newsgroups

Header Data

From: Vincent Cate <vince@offshore.com.ai>
To: frissell@panix.com
Message Hash: dd4639aa284682c3ffdad23b4b21c0d47fcb4576b5d06aa7cc78d662af82430f
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960103102754.23199A-100000@offshore.com.ai>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9601031005.D23167-0100000@offshore.com.ai>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-03 19:15:52 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 03:15:52 +0800

Raw message

From: Vincent Cate <vince@offshore.com.ai>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 03:15:52 +0800
To: frissell@panix.com
Subject: Re: Compuserve *hasn't* banned newsgroups

It seems to me that posting this widely on Compuserve (or at least on
alt.online-service.compuserve) and then contacting CNN and making comments
about how "the Internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around
it" is the best way to handle this.  We want the public to get the idea
that censorship does not work on the Internet.

Are you up for this Duncan?  Or do you want to call for volunteer, or
should this get posted anonymously.  :-) Seems better if someone does it
who is willing to talk to reporters, and who is a Compuserve user.  Makes
a better story on TV etc.

   --  Vince

Duncan:
> I grabbed a copy of the Free Agent newsreader:
>
> http://www2.interpath.net/forte/agent/freagent.htm
> [...]
> I grabbed the latest list of open NNTP Servers from:
>
> http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~jwa/open-sites.html

Thread